Lifestyle

'60 Minutes' apologizes for flawed Benghazi report

NEW YORK (AP) — CBS' "60 Minutes" apologized on Sunday's broadcast for a flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and for the discredited source who claimed to have been at the scene.

During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said "60 Minutes" was misled and made a mistake in its reporting. Logan is the correspondent responsible for the Oct. 27 story. She had interviewed former security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he took part in fighting at the mission. But Davies' account unraveled last week, forcing CBS News on Friday to admit its error in running the story.

Related Headlines

  • Lara Logan

    CBS: Lara Logan, producer ordered to take leave

    CBS ordered "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan and her producer to take a leave of absence Tuesday following a critical internal review of their handling of the show's ... 

  • Lara Logan

    CBS admits error in Benghazi '60 Minutes' story

    CBS News admitted Friday it was wrong to trust a "60 Minutes" source who claimed to be at the scene of a 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and the publisher ... 

  • SALLY-ANN ROBERTS, ROBIN ROBERTS, JOSH ELLIOTT, LARA SPENCER

    'Good Morning America' says goodbye to Elliott

    ABC's "Good Morning America" is saying goodbye to Josh Elliott — minus Josh Elliott. The top-rated morning show paid a brief tribute to its departed news anchor on Thursday's ... 

  • Fox's 'American Idol' hits rating low

    A recent time slot switch hasn't paid dividends for Fox's lurching "American Idol," which reached a smaller audience last week than for all but one episode of its rookie ... 

Find your future job here