Lifestyle

CNN producers released after WTC arrests

NEW YORK (AP) — Two CNN producers have been released without bail after being accused of trying to breach security at the World Trade Center site.

Connor Fieldman Boals and Yon Pomrenze were arraigned Wednesday on a misdemeanor attempted criminal trespass charge. Their lawyers didn't immediately return calls. Their arrests Tuesday came a day after four men were arrested over a September skydive off the unfinished 1 World Trade Center tower. A teenage boy was accused of scaling it earlier this month.

A court complaint says Boals tried to get through a non-public gate and turnstile and climbed halfway up a fence. The complaint says Pomrenze took video of the episode. A CNN spokeswoman has said the producers were reporting on the recent security breaches and were not asked to sneak onto the site.

Related Headlines

  • Fox News anchor charged after airport arrest

    A Fox News weekend anchor who was arrested after he allegedly became combative with police at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport may have taken a drug that didn't ... 

  • Columbus Short

    Former 'Scandal' actor Short arrested in Texas

    Former "Scandal" actor Columbus Short has been arrested in Dallas for public intoxication. Dallas police said the 31-year-old Short was arrested at 2 a.m. Saturday at the Katy ... 

  • 'Real Housewives' TV star faces battery charge

    Porsha Williams of the Bravo network's "Real Housewives of Atlanta" is facing a charge of battery after fellow cast member Kenya Moore told police she was attacked during ... 

  • Alec Baldwin

    Alec Baldwin arrested in NYC after bike flap

    Actor Alec Baldwin was arrested and issued two summonses after allegedly acting belligerently toward two officers who had stopped him for riding his bicycle the wrong way down ... 

Find your future job here