Health

Aid workers back at Ebola center that mob attacked

CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) — Doctors Without Borders is again caring for Ebola patients at a Guinean health center it fled when an angry crowd attacked last week.

Spokesman Sam Taylor said Thursday the organization was back at work in Macenta, where a mob accused aid workers of starting the outbreak. Guinea has never before had a case of Ebola. There is no cure or vaccine for the disease, which is usually fatal. More than 110 deaths have been linked to the current outbreak in West Africa. But Doctors Without Borders said a few patients have recovered and were discharged this week.

Despite that good news, the World Health Organization said Thursday that it is stepping up efforts to track people who may have been in contact with the sick to contain the spread.

Related Headlines

Find your future job here