Termination of fan.com
mail.com will no longer offer the fan.com domain
As of December 2, 2020, mail.com will no longer offer the fan.com domain. Because mail.com no longer owns the rights for fan.com, the termination of the domain is an irreversible process.
What does that mean?
After December 2, 2020, you will no longer be able use your @fan.com address to send or receive emails or to log in to your account.
What will happen to my email account?
Don’t worry: Your existing emails stored in your inbox, your folders as well as all contacts and files will still be saved on our servers. The only thing that will change is your email address.
How will I log in to my account?
You have several options to log in to your email account. In all cases, your password remains the same.
- You can create a new custom address by logging in to your account and then going to "E-mail Settings" → "Alias Addresses" and registering any available combination of name and domain name. You can then set this as your default sender address, and emails sent to this address will automatically arrive in your account inbox.
- If you already created alias addresses in this account in the past, you can log in with any of them and select one as your new default sender address.
Until December 2, 2020, you will still be able to log in to your account with your existing @fan.com address.
What else should I do?
- Let all your contacts know you have a new email address.
- Update your Autoresponder, Signature and/or vCard (as applicable).
- If you have used your @fan.com address as your password recovery address for other email accounts, social media accounts, devices, etc., make sure to change it to your new email address.
- If you have used your @fan.com address in the profile of any of your social media accounts, etc., change your profile to reflect your new email address.
I need help with this!
For help creating an alias address, please see the detailed instructions provided in our online Help Center. If you have further questions, please use our contact form to reach out to our Customer Support team (you can also go to the mail.com website and click on “Contact Us” on the bottom of the page). Please select the topic “General Inquiry” to avoid receiving an unrelated reply and for faster processing of your request.