Mobile phone email services from mail.com
We live increasingly busy lives in which we receive instant communication and are expected to respond immediately. When commuting or moving between meetings, a great way to keep on top of your communications is to access your email by phone.
Email on your phone is the new norm
Having constant internet access on our phones or other mobile devices like iPads makes keeping in touch a lot easier. It also means that because you can be in touch at almost every moment, it is becoming the norm that you are expected to be. Gone are the days when you could leisurely answer email correspondence in your own time, or wait at least till you get to the office to do so.
With cell phone access to all of your emails, the office travels with you. This means that you can be productive while on the go, for example, during your commute on the train to work. Answering email by phone helps you to take care of your business without wasting any time.
Getting email on your phone
Your mobile phone is already equipped to receive emails, you merely have to set it up to take advantage of it. In order to do so, you will need to have the following information:
- Your full email address
- Your email password
- Your incoming server (POP or IMAP)
- Your outgoing server (SMTP)
When you have the information above at hand, you will merely have to input this data in order to start receiving email to your phone. Whether you are using an iPhone, Android, or another cell phone type with a different operating system, setting up your email should be relatively similar.
Here´s how to set up email to your cell phone:
1. Open up your cell phone email client to begin the account setup
2. Enter your email address and password
3. Enter the account type (IMAP, POP3, Exchange, etc.)
4. Enter your incoming and outgoing server information
5. Click finish and you’re done!
In order for you to load email to your phone after a new account setup, you will most likely have to shut down and restart your phone.
Sync multiple addresses for full cell phone email access
Of course most of us have more than one email address these days – personal, work and perhaps one for side ventures. Don’t settle for just one mail account on your cell phone when you can get access to all of your emails from your various accounts with the Mail Collector feature from mail.com. This will save you time and energy from having to sign in on multiple devices or with multiple user names and passwords. You can take advantage of this tool in one of two ways:
1. You can sync your various email addresses with the Mail Collector, forwarding them all to a main mail.com account, which you have set up with the cell phone email client installed on your smartphone. This option gives you access to all of your emails sent directly to your phone.
2. Alternatively, you can always access your mail.com email from your phone’s web browser, meaning you still have only one sign-in to access your email in one convenient location; however, this requires you to have a working internet connection in order to access your emails on your phone.
Both options have merit; having your mail.com email integrated with your cell phone email client allows you to work on emails offline, which send as soon as you have an internet connection again. Working from your phone’s web browser allows you to switch between devices, enabling you to access your email from any device with an internet connection. Choose whichever method you prefer or the method which will help you stay most organized.
As far as organization goes, you can also take advantage of the Online Calendar, which will grab your personal and professional appointments directly from your emails and add them to one cohesive calendar. This will give you a complete overview of your entire schedule and time commitments right in the palm of your hand.
mail.com mobile email functionality
The best part about having all of your emails sent directly to your phone is having an email service that goes wherever you do. As long as you have a connection to the internet, you have full access to all of your important communications. Browsing through your emails conveniently and easily means being able to double check meeting and appointment times, as well as getting any cancellations while you’re on the go. It also allows you to keep working or preparing for a presentation or meeting as you are en-route, since you can open and review documents sent as email attachments.
Your time is precious, so use it well by making sure that you have access to all of your emails on your mobile phone.
Additional features included with your mobile email service:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Mail Collector feature, allowing for multiple email addresses
- Comprehensive email archiving
- Unlimited email storage
- Powerful spam filter
- Top-of-the-line antivirus protection
- Up to 50 MB attachments
- Online calendar and address book
- Helpful customer support
Get your new email account here! It's free