Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHAT TO WATCH AS IMPEACHMENT HEADS TO SENATE Speaker Nancy Pelosi will name the prosecutors, the House will vote and a procession will carry the articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial expected to begin next week.
2. DEMOCRATS RELEASE NEW DOCUMENTS Among the files obtained from a close associate of Rudy Giuliani include a handwritten note that mentions asking Ukraine's president to investigate “the Biden case.”
3. DEEP UNCERTAINTIES SHADOW DEMOCRATIC DEBATE Questions about electability, anxieties about gender and sexism, and three leading candidates are about to get yanked off the campaign trail for Trump’s impeachment trial.
4. IRAN’S PRESIDENT WARNS EUROPE Hassan Rouhani is warning that European soldiers deployed in the Mideast “may be in danger” after Britain, France and Germany challenged Tehran over breaking limits of its 2015 nuclear deal.
5. ‘I CAN FEEL IT IN MY LUNGS’ Australians accustomed to spectacular weather are now fearful of long-term health consequences if prolonged exposure to smoke from the country's wildfires becomes the new norm.
6. DESPITE RISKS, VILLAGERS MAKE PHILIPPINE VOLCANO THEIR HOME It's the second-most active volcano in the Philippines, yet to more than 5,000 people, the Taal volcano is home.
7. HOW EUROPE'S ROYALS MIX WORK AND DUTIES Some royals have struggled to keep all their business activities above board, while others have managed just fine to combine business activities with royal duties.
8. FAA INVESTIGATING JET FUEL-DUMPING A Delta plane with engine trouble dumped jet fuel over a densely populated area of Southern California while making an emergency return to the airport, dousing dozens of schoolchildren.
9. ‘WHAT IS ARCADIA’ Ken Jennings is the winner of the "Jeopardy!" tournament to name the mythical "Greatest of All Time" player in the game show's history.
10. BASEBALL COULD FIGHT TECH WITH TECH A growing sign-stealing scandal could take a page from college baseball, where coaches and catchers communicate through an earpiece.