Email address ideas made easy
Coming up with a great email address idea can be quite difficult at times. You want it to reflect your personality or business but often what you want isn’t available. So how do you go about securing your personal or professional email address ideas successfully? Read on.
Good email name ideas that are still available
Since email is the main method of communication within both private and professional spheres, finding a good email name idea that is still available can sometimes be difficult. The truth is, often you have a creative email address idea, but the email domain name is already taken; this is especially true if you have a popular name, like John Smith, or if you work in a popular industry.
However, difficult doesn’t mean impossible. If your particular email address idea is already taken, and you are having trouble thinking of others, there are options. Try some of these tricks for other great email address ideas:
- Use the first letter of your first name together with your full last name; e.g. j.smith.
- Include your middle name; e.g. john.martin.smith.
- Use a nickname together with your last name; e.g. johnny.smith.
- Switch around the word order; e.g. smith.john.
- Include special characters; e.g. “.” or “-“ or “_”.
- Include something else about you; e.g. your profession: dr.john.smith.
In the end, it is best to stay positive and creative. Try to avoid becoming frustrated, and keep trying out combinations until you land on a great email address idea that you feel good about registering.
Memorable email address ideas
A memorable email address idea is often one that is incredibly unique. When you set up an email account, your email name idea should be as unique as you are. Just like your phone number, your email address name has to be one-of-a-kind so that people can reach you and only you.
Being one-of-a-kind in the midst of millions of accounts isn’t always so easy; particularly when you want to stand out instead of compromising on your name and settling for an email address idea that fades into the background. In order to come up with a really memorable email address idea, you have to consider elements that really standout.
Rules to creating memorable email address ideas:
- Outline what you do and not just who you are – not everyone is going to know your company and know what you do just from the name. So instead of john.smith, try john.smith.attorney.
- Try a unique domain ending – @emailprovider.com is overused, and not to mention that the domain of an email service provider, while okay for personal email, doesn’t look very professional for business email name ideas. Be creative and play with a unique domain ending, like email@example.com. If you need some unique email address ideas, see the 200+ email domain endings provided by mail.com.
- Simpler is always better – if your email address is difficult or convoluted, it won’t be memorable. Keeping your email address ideas clear, concise, and free of unnecessary extra characters will ensure that it is both recognizable and memorable. It should be short, catchy, and easy to spell and pronounce.
Professional email name ideas
Of course there are times when you want to go with a really cool email name idea for your personal email or for an entertainment company perhaps. Cool email address ideas are usually quite memorable, as they stray away from generic names and follow many of the steps mentioned above. However, there are also times when you want to consider more professional email name ideas, for example when it comes to your business and building a corporate image. Finding the right professional email address idea that perfectly portrays your company is a challenge, but very necessary.
A good business email name idea is an integral part of your overall marketing and brand development plan. These are the 3 rules that you should consider when picking your professional email address idea.
- Always use your own domain – this looks a lot more professional and shows your client base exactly what your business is about.
- Don’t ever use nicknames or numbers – this will detract from the professional image that you are trying to present.
- Stick to a standard format that is clean-looking and easy to remember – ultimately you want your clients to remember you so, just as with your website domain, you want your email domain to be both memorable and recognizable.
Additional features included with your email domain
- Easy-to-use interface
- Integrated Mail Collector for multiple email addresses
- Spam filter
- Comprehensive email archiving
- Up to 30 MB attachments
- Access through your mobile devices
- Online calendar and address book
- Helpful customer support
Get your new email account here! It's free